How do I go about protecting my computer from further attacks?
The following tips should be noted for your safety.
- Beware of attachments in emails. Never open attachments from senders you do not know. If in doubt, ask the sender.
- Equip your devices with the latest security defences: Install always all updates
- Beware of unknown web pages: You can install and run malicious programs on your computer just by visiting a page.
- Use strong passwords (at least 12 - 14 characters, uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters).
- Make regular backups of your personal data (such as documents, pictures, music) on an external medium.
- If you use a Wi-Fi, especially a public one, pay attention to encrypted transmission of the data.
- Do not install software from unknown, questionable sources, especially if it is offered for free.
- Be suspicious of free offers such as fast money or free travel, as well as unknown links, attachments, or pictures in popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or Messengers such as Whatsapp or Facebook-Messenger.
You can find more detailed information under Safe Devices.